You are probably thinking that streets are usually named after popular people or historical sites or places but How many People knew that in Abroad streets are named after the popular Cities of Pakistan !
Below is my hunt in finding the hidden streets that are for real named after the cities of Pakistan.
Let’s get started.
I started out by looking up a list of cities in Pakistan and on another tab I looked up a city name accompanied by a search term like ‘road’, ‘street’, ‘avenue’, ‘court’, etc. This process was lengthy but definitely fun.
Here’s what I found:
1. Lahore, Virginia, U.S.A.
This town has shockingly existed before Pakistan was even a country. This street was named by a couple who visited Lahore and were so impressed, they came back and named it after the ancient city.
2. Peshawar Street San Antonio, Texas, U.S.A.
There is not much information available about the origins of the name of this street.
3. North Punjab Avenue Clovis, California, U.S.A.
4. Punjab Street Raleigh, North Carolina, U.S.A.
5. Rawalpindi Place Ralston, Alberta, Canada
Considering Canada is full of us Pakistanis, it does not come as a surprise that this street exists.
6. Karachi Drive Markham, Ontario, Canada
7. Pindi Court South Guildford, Western Australia, Australia
8. Chitral Terrace South Plympton, Southern Australia, Australia
9. Gilgit Road Epsom, Auckland, New Zealand
10. Quetta Street Ngaio, Wellington, New Zealand
These are few of the places we found out in our research if you know any more of such places, we would love to learn about them also, if you know about their stories of origin, please do let us know in the comment section below !